Nice job, Ethan.  This looks really cool.

We have an Orbeon-based MODS editor, but I have found Orbeon to be a bit
tough to develop/maintain and more heavyweight than we really need.  We're
considering more Xforms implementations, but I would love to find a more
lightweight Xforms application.  Does anyone have any recommendations?

The only one I know of is XSLTForms (http://www.agencexml.com/xsltforms) but
I haven't messed with it yet.

-Andy