Hi Joel,

We're updating our documentation/the Search Box Builder site to also include
these parameters.

Search Box Builder - a form to take in the user's query/limiters/etc is
essentially a way to build up what we call a persistent link.  Our link
syntax has a few basic parameters.  Look at this search for "football" from
the Academic Search Premier database (db code "aph"):

http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&db=aph&bquery=(football)&
cli0=FT&clv0=Y&cli1=DT1&clv1=200901-200911&type=0&site=ehost-live

I've got 2 limiters in this search - Full Text and Date (200901-200911).

Our limiters are passed through cli{N} and cliv{N} key/value pairs.

So in the above - FT is the "key" for the full text limiter, and it's
"Value" is Y.  For date, DT1 is the key and the date range 200901-200911 is
the value.

Other limiters that might be used would be Peer Reviewed (RV=Y) or
References Available (FR=Y) or Publication/Source (SO="value").  These are
our Search Tags.  Note - that if you want to play around and see what the
URL looks like, you can use the UI, and click on the "Alert/Save/Share" link
- we show a permalink on the little popup - this (basically) is the same
persistent link you would build up through Search Box Builder.

I hope that makes sense.  If you have further questions, feel free to
contact our support team - [log in to unmask]

Thanks for pointing out this weakness in our documentation - and thanks for
using the feature!

-mdg
-----
Michael Gorrell, [log in to unmask]