Hi,

We run many Library / web / database applications on RedHat servers with
SELinux enabled.  Sometimes it takes a bit of investigation and  horsing
around but I haven't yet found a situation where it had to be disabled.
  setsebool and chcon can solve most problems and SELinux is an
excellent enhancement to standard filesystem and ACL security.

-Graham

--
Graham Stewart
Network and Storage Services Manager, Information Technology Services