An interesting topic ... heading out to cast vote now.

In our environment, about 6 years ago we informally identified the gap
(grey area, war, however it is described) between server / network
managers and developers / Librarians as an obstacle to our end goals and
have put considerable effort into closing it.  The key efforts being
communication (more planning, meetings, informal sessions),
collaboration (no-one is working in a vacuum), and the willingness to
expand/stretch job descriptions (programmers sometimes participate in
hardware / OS work and sysadmins will attend interface / application
planning meetings).  Supportive management helps.

The end result is that sysadmins try as hard as possible to fully
understand what an application is doing/requires on "their"
hardware/networks, and programmers almost never run any applications
that sysadmins don't know about.

So, SELinux has never been a problem because we know what a server needs
to do before it ends up in a developer's hands and developers know not
to pound their heads against the desk for a day before talking to
sysadmins about something that doesn't work.  Well, for the most part,
anyway ;-)

-Graham

--
Graham Stewart
Network and Storage Services Manager, Information Technology Services