From: Code for Libraries [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of
Gabriel Farrell
Sent: Thursday, November 12, 2009 4:11 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [CODE4LIB] preconference proposals

On Tue, Nov 10, 2009 at 02:47:42PM +0000, Jodi Schneider wrote:
> If you'd be up for it Erik, I'd envision a basic session in the
morning.
> Some of us (like me) have never gotten Solr up and running.
>
> Then the afternoon could break off for an advanced session.
>
> Though I like Bess's idea, too! Would that be suitable for a
conference
> breakout? Not sure I'd want to pit it against Solr advanced session!

The preconfs should be as inclusive as possible, but I'm wondering if
the Solr session might be more beneficial if we dive into the
particulars right off the bat in the morning.  There are only a few
steps to get Solr up and running -- it's in the configuration for our
custom needs that the advice of a certain Mr. Hatcher can really be
helpful.

You're right, though, that the NGC thing sounds more like a BOF session.
I'd support that in order to attend a full preconf day of Solr.

Gabriel