Interesting stuff. I never really thought about it before that DOIs
can be served up by the Handle server. E.G.,

http://dx.doi.org/10.1074/jbc.M004545200 <=>
http://hdl.handle.net/10.1074/jbc.M004545200

But, even more surprising to me was realizing that Handles can be
resolved by the DOI server. Or presumably any DOI server.

http://hdl.handle.net/2027.42/46087 <=> http://dx.doi.org/2027.42/46087

I suppose I should have understood this point since the Handle service
does sort of obliquely say this.

http://www.handle.net/factsheet.html

Anyway, good to have it made explicit.

Tom