Registration is now closed for the DLF 2009 Fall Forum at the Renaissance Long Beach Hotel, Long Beach, CA.   However, if you are still interested in attending the first day of the event on November 11th, you can do so in Second Life.  I have copied below the original message about Second Life attendance, sent by Esther Grassian in October.

Leslie Eagle

Event Coordinator

CLIR

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

If you can't make it to the Digital Library Federation Fall Forum 2009 in Long Beach, we wanted to let you know that the first day of the forum will also be available in Second Life. You are invited to attend the DLF Fall Forum 2009 on the DLF's island, Entropia, in Second Life (SL).

Details of the schedule are available at http://www.diglib.org/forums/fall2009/2009fallschedule.htm. Just remember that only the first day of the Forum, Wednesday, November 11th, 9:00 am to 5:30 pm SLT (PST) will be available in Second Life. The second day will consist only of face-to-face small group brainstorming in Long Beach, California, on topics presented on the first day.

Moderators will host the November 11th program, with presentations transcribed into text chat, to supplement the audio and video feeds. SL participants can interact with other SL participants and pose questions and comments to the speakers through SL text chat. If you are not already a part of Second Life, basic accounts are free from http://secondlife.com/.

We know travel budgets are tight, so we hope that this makes the DLF Fall Forum more accessible to some of you.

The Second Life audience will be limited to 50 people.

Please RSVP to obtain the SLURL (Second Life URL), as well as instructions on how to view the video and adjust the audio in SL:
http://www.diglib.org/forums/fall2009/secondlife.htm   Only people from DLF member institutions will be allowed to attend, so please include your institutional affiliation.

Hope to see you there!

                Esther Grassian (UCLA) & Deni Wicklund (Stanford)

--
Esther Grassian
Information Literacy Librarian