I went through all the mail about this and counted a + for each of the top
two choices people made (if they made two; otherwise just one + for their
single vote).  The results:

Kingston +++++++++++
Montreal +++++++
Ottawa   +++++
Toronto
Sudbury
Hamilton

(No-one really came out as wanting it in Toronto, though obviously it's
there and it seems to be a fallback for everyone.)

Kingston came out on top, as a nice city, in the middle of everything,
with people ready to help, and easy to get to my bus/train/car, if not by
plane---but then it's expected, being a local chapter, that people will be
coming from nearby, so that's not really a problem.

So unless people see a need for a more definite vote, it seems like we're
OK with Kingston.  Is that cool?

Next we need to decide dates.  We had these comments:

   April/May
   not 16 April - 16 May
   not end of April
   not end of April
   after April
   May/June
   second half of May
   not 10-11 May (Canadian ETD and Open Repositories in Ottawa)
   not 9 May-13 May (ELUNA, Fort Worth, Texas)

And there are two long weekends to avoid because people will be busy:

   not Monday 31 May (Memorial Day in US)
   not Monday 24 May (Victoria Day in Canada)

Assuming it will be in Kingston, Wendy, are there any dates to avoid
because of something happening there, like Annual Everything Is Closed
Day or a special Hunt the Librarian event?

`cal may 2010` tells me:

       May 2010
Su Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa
                    1
  2  3  4  5  6  7  8    Monday 3?  Thursday-Friday 6-7?
  9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22    Monday 17?
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31

Thursday-Friday 6-7 May (perhaps Thursday night and Friday all day?) seems
like it fits almost all but one date range.  Two Mondays would also work,
3 May and 17 May.  If we want to keep it to one working day that could
mean doing it all on Monday, or configuring ourselves Sunday night and
being around Monday.  I think a Thursday-Friday seems better,
though---people can travel back Friday night or Saturday, as they want,
and that means more time for hanging out on Friday night.

How should we do the dates?  Given the April/May range, and the suggested
restrictions, I think these are the days that work.  Can we vote on the
list, or should we do a Doodle thingie?

If we can vote here then I say

+1 Thursday-Friday 6-7 May

Bill