Ross wrote:
> I honestly think choosing the best* development language is very
> similar to how one settles on politics, religion, diet, etc.
> Environment plays a part, of course, but, in the end, what generally
> works best is the language that jibes best with you and your
> personality.  Since you've dabbled with several different languages,
> you've had to have come across this - some languages just "feel
> better" than others.  This is, however, an entirely personal
> choice.

I also think that the IDEs or editors (and languages, like Ross is
pointing out) one chooses is connected to an amalgam of a person's
1 - history and experiences,
2 - mode of learning/working

On #2 and editors/IDEs, I've written a little more extensively on this
pet theory of mine here:
 http://zzzoot.blogspot.com/2009/07/emacs-mode-and-learning-modes.html
 "My theory is that - like learning, where it has been established that
 different people learn in different ways (Visual/Verbal,
 Visual/Nonverbal, Auditory/Verbal, Tactile/Kinesthetic) - I believe
 that particular modes of human-machine interaction are better suited
 to some individuals than others."

-Glen