I think Pascal is correct that the only US holiday to worry about in May
or June is Memorial Day.

The other thing to worry about is other conferences. I know some
Code4Lib types go to ELUNA, for example. This year ELUNA is, Sunday, May
9--Thursday, May 13. Since I'm on the ELUNA SC (as is Pascal), I might
have a tough time with a date that was right after the ELUNA conference
(esp. since it sounds like we may have post-conference meetings). Maybe
once a location is decided., something like a Doodle
(http://www.doodle.com/) can be set up with available dates and people
can vote on what works for them and whichever dates works for the most
people is the winner.

Edward