I never had a problem in the couple of times I crossed a border into
Canada for a library conference, but I tend to make sure I have the
program and hotel information readily available to show them in case
they ask (yes, the Canadian border people have looked at it). My guess
is that some of the border guards think only old ladies with hair buns
can be librarians so they might be a bit confused when someone that
doesn't meet that description tries to cross the boarder.

Edward