Yes the original url looks like
http://....../app.cfm?id=15
and the return url coming back from CAS looks like
http://....../app.cfm?id%3d15

I am pretty sure this is native to the way CAS returns urls, and
probably need to ping some ColdFusion folks on how to deal with the
urlencoded return. I'll also message the ColdFusion library group.

If anyone out here has CAS experience and can confirm that urlencoded
return urls seem normal that would be helpful.