I cross quite a few times a year at Sarnia and Windsor to go back home to the US to visit. I have a work permit, so that makes things easier. But, just don't mention work. Just say, I'm here to visit friends for a couple days in Kingston, Montreal, Toronto.

-nruest

On Jan 25, 2010, at 9:31 PM, Walter Lewis wrote:

> On 25 Jan 10, at 11:23 AM, MJ Suhonos wrote:
>
>> Might only be an issue crossing at the Detroit-Windsor border, though.  Not sure how broadly his opinion may have spread beyond the state.
>
> I think the key to the troubles at Windsor can be linked either to
> a) Art Rhyno confessing at the border crossing he was going to be paid for going to a library conference (some XML thing), or
> b) an American (name slips my mind) who ran into issues coming to Access when it was held in Windsor.
>
> In short, it isn't a general US/Canadian border problem.  The evidence would suggest it is directly related the the University of Windsor's Leddy Library being too close to the bridge over the Detroit River.
>
> Walter

Nick Ruest
Digital Strategies Librarian

McMaster University
Mills Memorial Library
1280 Main Street West
Hamilton, ON L8S 4L6
Phone: 905.525.9140 ext. 21276
Email: [log in to unmask]
http://library.mcmaster.ca/contact/ruest-nicholas
http://nruest.blog.lib.mcmaster.ca/

"Revolution is not something fixed in ideology, nor is it something fashioned to a particular decade.  It is a personal process embedded in the human spirit." - Abbie Hoffman