Hi all,

I'm on a mission to finally learn some jQuery, and I'm kind of falling in love with it. In particular, I'm finding in it the perfect tool for modifying our OPAC in ways that the catalog vendor never intended, tweaking the DOM to my heart's content.

Having worked my way through the basics of the language (I'm using the "Learning jQuery" book, which is a good introduction but has a nearly-useless index) I'm curious about the vast array of jQuery plugins. There are too many to know, and reading the descriptions it is not immediately apparent to me what they do.

So I ask those of you who use jQuery: Do you have favorites, or ones that you find particularly relevant to the kind of work that we do? ("The kind of work that we do" varies quite a bit, but still...) The only one I've really explored so far is the dataTables plugin, which I will be keeping in mind for future applications.

Nicole: your "Library Mashups" book is next on my list; I'm looking forward to it.

joys,
Ken