There is a lot of similarity between these tools and Dave's original
post. At VCU, our central technology unit created their own (and I'm
lobbying to have the library be part of it). This is specifically for
tracking changes to production systems. It includes approval as well as
notification. Anyone can subscribe to email lists to get notifications.

This has made a positive difference university wide in terms of
communicating changes and potential outages. It has also surfaced how
many changes must be managed for the existing infrastructure. The public
side of it is at: http://go.vcu.edu/changes (notification option at
bottom of the page).

And back to my original point, they have since rolled the same code up
into a project management system. Perhaps they should have looked at
some of the suggestions below!

-Jimmy

--
Jimmy Ghaphery