It suppose it is important to note the distinction between bug and
feature tracking (software dev) and change management tracking
(incident, problem, change) for production systems.  I think of those as
pretty different activities.

Bug and feature tracking is closely tied to development work.  Things
like TRAC and Redmine give you a nice integration with your code
repository and help with grouping tickets into schedules and software
components.

Change management systems, as I understand it, are mostly about managing
configurations, i.e. a change might be a set of hardware upgrades or the
deploy of a new software release.  This is mostly about tracking known
good configurations and coordinating change across an infrastructure.  I
don't have any great examples of software for it.  In many places I
think CM consists of strong procedures and a wiki or documentation system.

Greg

____
Greg Jansen
Digital Repository Developer