On 2/11/10 10:55 AM, Walker, David wrote:
> Thanks to everyone who responded.  The comments have been very helpful!
>
> Is anyone using RT? [1]

We do. The person implementing the change starts by adding [Change] in
their subject header...

> Also, I'm curious how many academic libraries are following a formal change management process?

The state of IL requires this (given our penchant for getting in the
news please suppress your guffaws! :-))

> By that, I mean: Do you maintain a strict separation between developers and operations staff (the people who put the changes into production)?  And do you have something like a Change Advisory Board that reviews changes before they can be put into production?

We don't have a large enough team of people to separate devs. and ops.
but we've made it a formal process that is well documented and vetted
with a review process.

> Just as background to these questions:
>
> We've been asked to come-up with a change management procedure/system for a variety of academic technology groups here that have not previously had such (at least nothing formal).  But find the process that the "business" (i.e., PeopleSoft ) folks here follow to be a bit too elaborate for our purposes.  They use Remedy.

Yeah we had the 2 Bob's come in to tell us about the TPS reporting etc.,
so I feel you pain although I think in the long run the State of IL will
be the winner. I just have to remember to add that cover letter. :-)

./fxk