On 2/8/10 3:09 PM, Ryan Eby wrote:
> I'm interested in knowing what everyone is using for print management
> and cost recovery for public printing. We're currently using Pharos
> but I'd like to see what else is out there. I don't really have any
> requirements other than preferably available separate from any
> computer management system. Mostly just interested in what is out
> there and personal opinions of the product.
>
> I'd be especially interested in any OSS options. I've come across a
> few CUPS/lpr based systems (http://print.ncsu.edu/ and
> http://doi.acm.org/10.1145/1027802.1027849) but there doesn't appear
> to be any code release associated with them.

UNBELIEVABLE! I only *JUST* sent a note to W. Jason Strutz [0] at UIUC
(our sister campus) asking them if they were willing to release the
source of their poorly named LibPrint. :-)

A while back I talked to one of the people that wrote the software and
they were willing to share. The person whose name escapes me as I type
has since left for *other pastures*...

Will let you know what I hear.

./fxk

[0] https://www-s2.library.uiuc.edu/lp/docs/intro.pl