Consider completing an open source software IdeaScale:

  http://libraryideaforum.ideascale.com/

A few friends and I are doing some investigations regarding open source software and libraries. Through the process we have made a number of assertions, such as but not limited to:

  * Libraries need an easy to manage open source Google-like search
  * There is a critical mass of OSS to do much of library work
  * Libraries should become sources of safe open source software

Using the IdeaScale tool we can garnder from a wider audience -- such as yourselves -- the validity of these assertions. Just click "thumbs up" if you agree or "thumbs down" if you disagree. Add a comment and/or additional assertion if you desire. Instant feedback. A way to gague community interest.

Give it a whirl?

--
Eric Lease Morgan
Head, Digital Access and Information Architecture Department

(574) 631-8604