When using RIS we came across the following issue:

The specification at http://www.refman.com/support/risformat_intro.asp doesn't include a field for a DOI. If you do a RIS export from RefWorks, you find it just drops the DOI - presumably sticking to the specification. If you do a RIS export from EndNote it includes the DOI in a field tagged DO.

This wasn't the only inconsistency between different 'RIS' exports. That's why we eventually preferred the RefWorksXML format when working with RefWorks

Owen

Owen Stephens
TELSTAR Project Manager
Library and Learning Resources Centre