I attended IU Bloomington (and was a bike rider) when the movie was
filmed. The dad's car lot was just a few blocks from my house and I
biked a lot of the places that the main character, David, rode in the
movie.Much of the campus, including a scene outside the IUB library
(made of limestone from nearby Oolitic quarries), is featured
prominently. Nostalgia fodder after I graduated.

However, don't look at the TV show for a sense of Bloomington. It was
largely filmed in Athens, Georgia. Didn't the organizers of Code4Lib
2007 mention that? :-)