Hi everybody,

Just to follow up on Mark's comments, we'll be making every effort to ensure
cheap(er) accommodation options are available to conference goers. Also, I
can assure you that to help keep registration fees low we'll be leaning on
our vendors, who UBC has graciously donated to over the years  -  you know
who you are ;)  -  to help sponsor the conference. In addition, the UBC
Library will be pitching in some money to subsidize the cost of the
facilities.

As for the size and scope of the city, we're aiming to keep the hotel,
conference site, and pubs all within a central location while still
affording people the opportunity to get out and about to explore the city.

Sadly there's no promises of a C4LC closing ceremony with a performance like
this: http://www.mahalo.com/michael-buble-olympics

Now back to the proposal...

Paul