I know some systems (I'm thinking of CPAN and Gemcutter in particular) have
feeds of new releases -- maybe we could tap into those and note when
registered projects have new releases? I don't know if that's fine-grained
enough information for what folks want.

--
Bill Dueber
Library Systems Programmer