At 4:34 PM -0400 3/29/10, Jonathan Rochkind wrote:
>Hmm, just because a given page is linked to from a wikipedia page, can one assume that the target of the link is about the same thing as the original page?   I'm not sure how often this assumption would be violated?

Well, it got violated on one of my very rarely updated ones, but in a very fun way.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:LinkSearch/sqzm14.ust.hk

Note the first  link from "Talk:Hiking equipment" to my copy of a 1995 document rating the quality of condoms.  The original page has extensive discussion of the possible use of a condom as an emergency water container for hiking, and reference the 1995 document due to its reference to a condom being bale to hold 3 liters of water.

I had a lot of fun reading through their discussion. :)

-Spode

--
Edward F Spodick, IT and Services Infrastructure Manager
Hong Kong University of Science & Technology Library