As a first-time Code4Lib attendee, let me say thanks for a fun
conference - a very interesting and creative group of people!

A question I posed to some of you in person, and would love to hear
more answers to: What are you doing with Google Books?  Do you have a
new way of using that resource?  Are there things you'd like to do
with it that aren't possible yet?

Also, a couple of people asked if Google is hiring.  Not only are we
hiring large numbers of software engineers, but we're now seeking a
librarian / software developer (below).  I'm happy to take questions
about either.

All the best,
Will
brockman@google

Metadata Analyst

Google Books is looking for a hybrid librarian/software developer to
help us organize all the world's books.  This person would work
closely with software engineers and librarians on a variety of tasks,
ranging from algorithm evaluation to designing and implementing
improvements to Google Books.

Candidates should have:
* An MLS or MLIS degree, ideally with cataloguing experience
* Programming experience in Python, C++, or Java
* Project management experience a plus, but not required

This position is full-time and based in Cambridge, MA.