On Sun, Mar 14, 2010 at 15:31, Rod McFarland <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> I think Mike was right originally; we'd be interested in the geographic
> density of brew pubs in the easily-accessible area. I'm not sure how much of
> a factor brew pubs per capita would be, other than to predict potential
> crowding.

I will also point out that the 20 brewpubs in Vancouver were all
restricted to the downtown area.  When you don't restrict to downtown,
Yelp pulls up around 45.

I just Googled a bit to discover the population of downtown Vancouver
is about 80,000.  Divided by 20, the brewpub per capita density is
down to around 1 brewpub per 4,000 people for the 'Couv.

-Mike