Hi,

I'm a library engineer in Japan. I attended this year's Code4Lib
conference. The conference was fascinating at all and I really enjoyed
it, though that was my first time code4lib experience.

And then, yesterday we organized a workshop on "Trip reports for
Code4Lib 2010, and more" at Tokyo[1]. The purpose of our workshop was
intended to share our experience in the #c4l10 conference, and to
advance Japanese library community in such code4lib things.

The workshop ended up successfully. Three presentations and five
lightning talks were made. There are 30 attendees in total from
developers for library apps on web&mobile, as well as
librarians. Additionally the workshop was streamed online at Ustream,
which was viewed by at least 30 people, and got conversations on
Twitter (#c4l10jp & #c4libjp). Archived recording videos are available
on Ustream.tv[2].

There was also a proposal from Makoto Okamoto (@arg) for "Code4Lib
JAPAN Conference" in November, in conjunction with annual Library Fair
in Yokohama. And he also proposed "Code4Lib JAPAN Camp" in December.

I wish to see you on the next report and at the conference next year!

Thank you all,
Masao

[1] http://kaede.nier.go.jp/wiki/?code4lib2010 (in Japanese)
    Organizers are: Yuka Egusa (@yegusa), Tetsuo Sakaguchi (@tsaka1),