Hi all (but mostly Hi folks running Voyager),

I'm happy to announce the release of the Related Items Bookshelf, a
virtual shelf browsing tool designed for easy installation into the
Voyager OPAC.  "So easy, a caveman without a dedicated library sysadmin
can do it."  Like the great projects demoed by NCSU and Stanford last
month in Asheville, it embeds into the OPAC item page and allows the
user to scroll through a display of items with proximate call numbers.
The key difference is using Voyager's web service APIs rather than a
separate DB or SOLR index, trading control over the relationship logic
for a smaller installation footprint.  The client side is a
standards-based mix of CSS, JQuery and a modified YUI carousel widget.

You can see it in action on the bottom of any item page with an LC call
number in our OPAC [1].  Full details on the functionality, design, and
known issues are available on Ex Libris CodeShare and on the project
website [2].

Thanks,
Maccabee

[1] http://oshlib.wisconsin.edu/vwebv/searchBasic