If you model "work of works" MobyDick+A, then you've simply got to make
sure the "contains" relationship is there to the "simple" work "Moby
Dick", right?

Then that would allow the particular manifestation of MobyDick+A to be
grouped with all the "MobyDick"s, since the system knows it contains a
manifestation of MobyDick in it.

What are we doing having this conversation on Code4Lib anyway, we're
probably horribly boring and frustrating most of the list.

Jonathan