Adam Wead wrote:
> I'm the new systems and digital collections librarian for the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Library and Archives.

Great fun! I have no ideas about which system to use.
But I suggest you begin from the other end: Who will
find your website useful, why and how? There is
already a website for the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame,
so what exactly will the digital collections of the
library and archive add to that?

Wikipedia has 720 links to www.rockhall.com,
which is a dream for any website,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:LinkSearch/www.rockhall.com

But there are 1300 links to catalog.loc.gov,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:LinkSearch/catalog.loc.gov

more than 5000 links to nobelprize.org,
which is kind of similar to rockhall.com,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:LinkSearch/nobelprize.org

and more than 16,000 links to worldcat.org,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:LinkSearch/worldcat.org

If Wikipedia were to add 3000 links to your digital
collections, what should those URLs be? I think they
must be 1) short, 2) long-term stable, 3) provide
useful information that is not already available at
Worldcat.org, Allmusic.com, IMDb.com or some other
website.

--
  Lars Aronsson ([log in to unmask])