Karen Coyle wrote:

> The OL only has full text links, but the link goes to a page at the
> Internet Archive that lists all of the available formats. I would
> prefer that the link go directly to a display of the book, and offer
> other formats from there (having to click twice really turns people
> off, especially when they are browsing). So unfortunately, other than
> "full text" there won't be more to say.

In an API, it would be _optimal_ if you'd reveal all these links, tagged
with a controlled vocabulary of some kind letting us know what they are,
so the client can decide for itself what to do with them (which may not
even be immediately showing them to any user at all, but may be
analyzing them for some other purpose).

But the full text link, I agree, should be the first or default link,
and if you CAN only supply one in an API, I agree that is the right one
-- unless a particular record is not available in full text.  (Which
hopefully should be apparent from the API response!).

Jonathan