On 3/5/10 8:15 AM, Godmar Back wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 5, 2010 at 3:59 AM, Ulrich Schaefer<[log in to unmask]>wrote:
>

>> Hi,
>> try this: http://code.google.com/p/xml2json-xslt/
>>

> I should have mentioned that I already tried everything I could find after
> googling - this stylesheet doesn't meet the requirements, not by far. It
> drops attributes just like simplexml_json does.
>
> The one thing I didn't try is a program called 'BadgerFish.php' which I
> couldn't locate - Google once indexed it at badgerfish.ning.com
>
>   - Godmar

Godmar,

I'd be interested in collaborating with you on creating one. I'd bounced
this question off the CouchDB IRC channel a while back, and the summary
was that you'd generally create a JSON structure for your document and
then right the code to map the XML to JSON. However, I do think
something more "generic" like Google's GData to JSON would fit the bill
for most use cases...sadly, it doesn't seem they've made the conversion
code available.

If you're looking at putting MARC into JSON, there was some discussion
of that during code4lib 2010. Johnathan Rochkind, who was at code4lib
2010 blogged about marc-json recently:
http://bibwild.wordpress.com/2010/03/03/marc-json/
He references a project that Bill Dueber's been playing with for a year:
http://robotlibrarian.billdueber.com/new-interest-in-marc-hash-json/

All told, there's growing momentum for a MARC in JSON format to be
created, so you might jump in there.

Additionally, I'd love to find a project building code to do what
Google's done with the GData to JSON format. If you find one, I'd enjoy
seeing it.

Thanks, Godmar,
Benjamin

--