I think maybe I started the chatter in IRC, but now it looks as if I
should redefine my region.  Being in KC, I don't see myself or other MO,
KS driving to Ohio and back in a day or weekend. I could be wrong.
Thoughts? Any interest in a Code4Lib-Big-12-ish?
Kudos to Jonathan for running with this. I'm a drummer too, BTW...in
the event of a C4L11 Battle of the Bands.

Jason

--
Jason Stirnaman
Biomedical Librarian, Digital Projects

>>> On 3/5/2010 at 9:37 AM, in message
<[log in to unmask]>, Bill
Dueber
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> I'm pretty sure I could make it from Ann Arbor!
>
> On Fri, Mar 5, 2010 at 10:12 AM, Ken Irwin <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>> I would come from Ohio to wherever we choose. Kalamazoo would suit
me just
>> fine; I've not been back there in entirely too long!
>> Ken

Behalf Of
>> > Scott Garrison
>> > Sent: Friday, March 05, 2010 8:37 AM
>> > To: [log in to unmask]
>> > Subject: Re: [CODE4LIB] Code4Lib Midwest?
>> >
>> > +1
>> >
>> > ELM, I'm happy to help coordinate in whatever way you need.
>> >
>> > Also, if we can find a drummer, we could do a blues trio (count me
in on
>> bass). I
>> > could bring our band's drummer (a HUGE ND fan) down for a day or
two if
>> > needed--he's awesome.
>> >
>> > --SG
>> > WMU in Kalamazoo

presentation could
>> be
>> > one or two cool hacks or solutions that solved wider, less geeky
>> problems.
>> > Instead of "tweaking Solr's term-weighting algorithms to index
>> OAI-harvested
>> > content" it would be "making journal articles easier to find".
This would
>> be an
>> > opportunity to show off the good work done by institutions outside
Notre