Quoting "Beacom, Matthew" <[log in to unmask]>:

> Work: Moby Dick with preface, appendices, Hart Crane poem (I'd call
> this an aggregate work)
>    Includes: (Work) preface (by someone)
>    Includes: (Work) Poem (by Hart Crane)
>    Includes: (Work) Moby Dick (by Herman Melville)
> Expression: Moby Dick with preface, appendices, Hart Crane poem
>    Includes: (Expression) preface (by someone)
>    Includes: (Expression) Poem (by Hart Crane)
>    Includes: (Expression) Moby Dick (by Herman Melville)
> Manifestation: Moby Dick with preface, appendices, Hart Crane poem
>    Contains: (Work/Expression) preface (by someone)
>    Contains: (Work/Expression) Poem (by Hart Crane)
>    Contains: (Work/Expression) Moby Dick (by Herman Melville)

How are the WEM of each separate resource here connected? In other
words, do you have a Work entity defined for "preface" that links to
an expression entity for "preface", and do they all have identifiers?
(This really needs a diagram!) It seems like somewhere you need:

(Expression) preface --> expresses --> (Work) preface

That would have to exist outside of this particular description, right?

kc