Jonathan Rochkind wrote:
> Hmm, just because a given page is linked to from a wikipedia page, can
> one assume that the target of the link is about the same thing as the
> original page?   I'm not sure how often this assumption would be
> violated?

You can encourage wikipedians to use a
descriptive link text. For example, the article
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Archbishop_of_Uppsala
contains these three links to my website:

[http://runeberg.org/nfcj/0700.html page 1271, article ''Uppsala
ärkestift''], [[Nordisk familjebok]] (1920)
[http://runeberg.org/nfcm/0678.html page 1264 article ''Ärkebiskop''],
[[Nordisk familjebok]]  (1922).
[http://runeberg.org/nfap/0745.html Uppsala stift], [[Nordisk familjebok]]

Which are three articles in different volumes of
the old digitized encyclopedia "Nordisk familjebok".
You'll note that "Uppsala stift" is a headword
on the page http://runeberg.org/nfap/0745.html

Runeberg.org has 2000 links from the
English Wikipedia, which puts it between
catalog.loc.gov and nobelprize.org.
If you want many links from Wikipedia, try
to digitize an old encyclopedia and make
one plain HTML page for each book page.

--
  Lars Aronsson ([log in to unmask])

  Project Runeberg - free Nordic literature - http://runeberg.org/