Although Drupal isn't specifically tailored to libraries, archives or
museums, has it been adopted for use as a CMS?  It would, of course,
need customization and modification to do what one of the other
library-specific CMSes can do out of the box, but it seems like Drupal
offers a lot of flexibility.

Does anyone have thoughts about Drupal for digital libraries/archives?

Samip