Quoting Peter Noerr <[log in to unmask]>:

> For our purposes (federated search) it would be most useful to have
> as many of the available links (OL or other) as possible, and as
> much information about the link as possible. Obvious "structural"
> stuff like the type of identifier, but also the nature of the linked
>  object (as you suggest "full text", "scan", etc.) This enables the
> links to be "categorized" in the user display so they can eliminate
> the ones not of interest, or focus on those that are.

The OL only has full text links, but the link goes to a page at the
Internet Archive that lists all of the available formats. I would
prefer that the link go directly to a display of the book, and offer
other formats from there (having to click twice really turns people
off, especially when they are browsing). So unfortunately, other than
"full text" there won't be more to say.

> Anything which differentiates the links from the perspective of the
> user is generally useful. In this regard some information about the
> editions at the ends of the links (even just a number and/or date)
> would be useful, and stop systems coming back to OL multiple times
> for all the linked records only to extract and display one or two
> bits of information.

If you want to link from your bib records (Manifestations) to full
texts of books, then you'll probably prefer to retrieve Editions, not
Works. There is a plan afoot to produce a file, possibly of MARC
records, for all of the full text works that the Internet Archive has.
Those are at the Manifestation level, naturally.

I'll ask about adding the publication date to the output.

kc

--
Karen Coyle
[log in to unmask] http://kcoyle.net