Plus I believe you are prohibited by terms of service from using the
Terminologies service for cataloging.

So let's say that in some cases, if you aren't using it for cataloging,
and are willing to deal with no service assurance, Terminologies service
can replace other databases.  I'm sure there are people who will find it
useful within these constraints (including myself at some point), but
Karen probably mis-spoke if she implied more.

Jonathan