On Mar 4, 2010, at 10:27 AM, Ranti Junus wrote:

> Never been in a "regional" meeting before. So, how does this usually
> go? A one-day hack-a-ton or unconference? Do we need to stay
> overnight?

R-, I don't think there is any set agenda for these things. If the event took place in a big city where there were many people in the immediate area, then I imagine the event would be a day-only sort of thing. People would be able to come and go in one day. If the event took place in a more regional area, then travel time increases and so might the need for an over-night stay.

If we were to host something here at Notre Dame, then I imagine something like the following agenda possible starting in the mid-morning:

  1. meet & greet
  2. share demonstrations
  3. eat lunch
  4. give a presentation to library staff
  5. have a hack session
  6. socialize in the evening
  7. go home the next day

There are plenty of inexpensive hotels in South Bend because of all of our football games.

--
Eric Lease Morgan
University of Notre Dame

(574) 631-8604