I was actually referring to the webOS emulator:

http://developer.palm.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1744&Itemid=58

"Currently, the emulator does not support the following:

    * Accelerometer
    * Audio
    * Bluetooth (UI and any interface-specific APIs do not work in the emulator)
    * Camera
    * Gesture area
    * Multi-touch
    * Rotation
    * Sound
    * Video
    * Wi-Fi (UI and any interface-specific APIs do not work in the emulator,
but network connectivity works by using the desktop connection)"

If the emulator supported multi-touch and rotation, I think this would work
well for testing any mobile web content where the developer is concerned
about memory and processor limitations. I think a lot of physical devices
can work well as a canary in the coal mine, though. If I weren't messing
with maps so much, it probably wouldn't be a big problem.

Jason