I finished documenting our existing use of MARC-JSON.  The specification can be found on the OCLC developer network wiki [1].  Since it is a wiki, registered developer network members can edit the specification and I would ask that you refrain from doing so.

However, please do use the discussion tab to record issues with the specification or add additional information to existing issues.  There are already two open issues on the discussion tab and you can use them as a template for new issues.  The first issue is Bill Dueber's request for some sort of versioning and the second issue is whether the specification should specify the flavor of MARC, e.g., marc21, unicode, etc.

It is recommended that you place issues on the discussion tab since that will be the official place for documenting and disposing of them.  I do monitor this listserve and the OCLC developer network listserve, but I only selectively look at messages on those listserves.  If you would like to use this listserve or the OCLC developer network listserve to discuss the MARC-JSON specification, make sure you place MARC-JSON in the subject line, to give me a clue that I *should* look at that message, or directly CC my e-mail address on your post.

This message marks the beginning of a two week comment period on the specification which will end on midnight 2010-03-28.

[1] <http://worldcat.org/devnet/wiki/MARC-JSON_Draft_2010-03-11>

Thanks, Andy.