There are two other hotels that are walking distance to the IMU - which are
about a 10 minute walk (hilton) - 13 min walk (courtyard).

Hilton Garden Inn -
http://hiltongardeninn.hilton.com/en/gi/hotels/index.jhtml?ctyhocn=BMGINGI
(This hotel has a 95 dollar government rate with free Internet and if it was
an official hotel - could guarantee say a 50-100 block of rooms -  I think
we could do better than that).

Courtyard Bloomington  -
http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/bmgcy-courtyard-bloomington/ (This
hotel has 89 government rate with free Internet).

In addition to these there are many other hotel options that would be
feasible if you had a car (were willing to walk 20 mins) or could use
Bloomington public transportation including a couple of bed and breakfasts
that are walking distance (less than 5 minutes) from the IMU.

We realize we will need at least one more block of rooms outside of the
union to make this work and will work this out if Bloomington is chosen.

Does anyone know how many rooms were needed in past events?

Thanks

Robert

On 3/15/10 10:20 PM, "Jonathan Rochkind" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> (Code4Lib listserv, Robert McDonald CC'd). I have a question about the
> Bloomington Code4Lib conference proposal. (I would personally be quite happy
> for the conference to be in Bloomington).
>
> I note that the actual IU conference center has under 200 rooms. Probably not
> enough for all attendees even if we take every room. Are the other hotels in
> Bloomington a quick walk to the conference center, and what are their rates
> like?
>
> (I would ask the same thing about the Vancouver proposal, but they say they
> can secure $109 rates at two named hotels, which I'm assuming would have
> enough rooms for us all, and I'm assuming are close enough to the proposed
> meeting venue to work, although I haven't looked it up on google maps.)
>
> Jonathan

**********************************
Robert H. McDonald
Associate Dean for Library Technologies
Associate Director, Data to Insight Center-Pervasive Technology Institute
Executive Director, Kuali OLE
Frye Leadership Institute Fellow 2009
Indiana University
Herman B Wells Library 234