>> More specifically, I wonder what thoughts people have about how a
>> VanC4L2011 might affect / be affected by the C4L North proposal, and
>> Eric's comment that C4L was originally "envisioned as an Access USA".
>> There seems to be a strong contingent on both sides of the 49th
>> parallel these days.
>
> In our western ignorance Paul and I hadn't even considered the possible impact of a Vancouver c4l on the May conference back east... but if people see that impact as greater than negligible, please speak up.

Oh, that's right, it's all warm weather and Olympic gold medals and centre of the universe to you Vancouver folks.  Sheesh.  There is a world East of the Rockies, you know. ;-)

To be clear, I'd assumed any impact would be negligible, and as Edward says, the regional meet-ups considered as separate -- if anything, complimentary -- events.  I'm always happy to help out with a few beer towers at Steamworks, given the chance.

MJ