Yeah, sorry about that.  I wish I could've pointed to it, but it's behind
a firewall.  You're right that Blacklight isn't really in the same
category as the others.

Carol Bean
Electronic Resources Librarian
Federal Courts Library
936 Federal Justice Building
99 NE 4th Street
Miami, FL  33132
305-523-5958
305-523-5962 (FAX)

From:
Ethan Gruber <[log in to unmask]>
To:
Date:
03/29/2010 05:02 PM
Re: [CODE4LIB] need a plan for what to code
Sent by:
Code for Libraries <[log in to unmask]>

That's a little difficult to make out, but I feel you are comparing apples
to oranges by comparing Blacklight to Omeka or CollectiveAccess.  From
what
I've seen, I think CollectiveAccess is a great system.  Omeka is not, nor
designed to be, digital repository software.  I'm not sure it's a good fit
for Adam's requirements.  CollectiveAccess is worth looking into.  It's a
shame more museums don't take open source solutions and CollectiveAccess
more seriously.

Ethan