Dear Colleagues,

Showcase your own Africana collection on Entropia to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the Africana Reading Room at the Library of Congress alongside LC's exhibit!  Entropia is the Second Life presence for collaboration amongst the DLF and CLIR members and sponsors.

We aim to have the exhibit complete in time for this years' American Library Association Annual Conference to be held in Washington, D.C., June 24-29, 2010.  Please contact: Deni Wicklund at [log in to unmask] or Esther Grassian [log in to unmask] by April 15, 2010 if you would like to participate or if you need help in doing so.

Basic Second Life accounts are free: http://secondlife.com. Sign up for an account, download the SL software, and then choose one of the following Second Life introductory orientation sessions:
        Date: Friday, April 2, 2:30-3:30 pm SLT/Pacific Time OR Saturday, April 3, 9-10 am SLT/Pacific Time.
        Location: Second Life URL (SLURL) http://slurl.com/secondlife/Entropia/121/119/22.  (Note: Click Teleport Now to go to Entropia.)

We have also recruited Rhonda Trueman (Abbey Zenith in SL), an expert Second Life trainer, to teach you how to create posters for the exhibit in one hour.
        Date: Thursday, April 8 from 3-4 SLT/Pacific Time OR Saturday, April 10 from 9-10am SLT/Pacific Time.
        Location: SLURL (Second Life URL):  http://slurl.com/secondlife/Entropia/121/119/22

If you have questions or would like to discuss holding other events on Entropia, please contact either of the Entropia Co-Managers, Deni Wicklund (Stanford) [log in to unmask]  OR  Esther Grassian (UCLA) [log in to unmask] We're looking forward to hearing from you!

Best,
  Deni Wicklund
      &
  Esther Grassian