After reading and asking around, it looks like the concept of original
cataloging has been eliminated entirely.

The old language was: "An OCLC Member or Non-OCLC Member may Use or
Transfer the following without complying with this Policy: (i) a
WorldCat Record designated in WorldCat as the Original Cataloging of
the OCLC Member or Non-OCLC Member;"

While the new draft is written in a much friendlier tone, and even has
some improvements, it also takes away concrete rights that libraries
had in the earlier drafts, including the right to consider fully
"theirs" records that a library had themselves cataloged, whether or
not the records moved through OCLC wires.

This typifies the approach taken. The new terms are less "legal." But
laws protect rights, both positively and negatively. If a community
outlaws punching, biting and kicking, its outlaws those things and not
others. But if a community has a vague "norm" about "respect for
persons," and enforces them with punitive action, the community
members may find themselves punished for kicking sand at someone, or
giving them the finger.

Tim

--
Check out my library at http://www.librarything.com/profile/timspalding