David is right that Microsoft would never develop for multiple platforms
because that would undermine their business model, which is of course, to
duplicate efforts and reject international standards (or make Microsoft the
standard for everything).  Fortunately, Microsoft is losing its grip on that
strategy.

Back to the topic of Zentity, perhaps it would run in Mono, but then you are
caught in a situation where you are reliant on Novell also.  However, I
think tools should be chosen largely to fit the skillsets of staff.  If an
institution has a staffing of .NET developers, it makes sense.  I can't
think of a single person with ASP, .NET experience here, so Zentity *should*
never be considered an option at my institution.

Ethan