Jill,

If you want to pull the bib and item details from the III database, our
library is running a utility that does that using the bibnumber as the
lookup key.

Your Aquabrowser install has a 'Request Item' button and a permalink
that contains the III bib number (e.g. b231527).  So you could write a
little JavaScript to parse out the bib number and then pass that to a
web app that gathers user input and sends the SMS.

1) working example - http://pegasus.law.columbia.edu/record=b480398
2) code for the server side app using the Python webpy framework -
http://bitbucket.org/lawlesst/milsms/src/tip/smsmailer.py
3) Majax2 from Godmar Back of VA Tech which does the III parsing -
http://code.google.com/p/majax2/

Ted Lawless
Columbia Law School