I wouldn't count on the community using anything, just because random
people on the listserv voted on it.

If you're coding it, you should take account of the feedback, and then
go on and create something that YOU will use, and makes sense to you.
And then hope other people do too.  That's pretty much the best you can do.

Vote by random people on a listserv is hardly a guarantee of getting a
standard that actually works, or that people actually use -- just look
at OpenURL 1.0!