 	We have been using this software with great performance in our
citation extraction project: CitEc (Citations in Economics)
(http://citec.repec.org). The only problem we have is related to the
quality of the input data. We are using a commercial OCR engine from
Vividata Inc, but it's not able to deal with all types of PDFs. Does
anyone have experience with conversion from PDF to ASCII? Thanks for your
help. Regards,

On Mon, 19 Apr 2010, Min-Yen Kan wrote:

> Dear all:
>
> The ParsCit team has also been updating the ParsCit package, and is
> happy to announce a new version that improves on classification
> accuracy.  This version also adds a fully-integrated module that adds
> document logical structure parsing so that that each line of the input
> is classified among 23 logical structure categories (e.g., page
> number, title, section header, figure, table, figureCaption, etc.) can
> be extracted from either plain text or XML output files that come from
> an OCR engine.  The version also benefits from a number of user
> contributed fixes and training data.
>
> You can either download a copy of ParsCit for your own use, or use it
> through a web services interface. We welcome your feedback and hope
> that if you use ParsCit or any other freely available reference string
> parsing tool that you can contribute annotated data to help make these
> models more robust.
>
> ParsCit (and its online demos) are available from:
> http://wing.comp.nus.edu.sg/parsCit/
> Current Distribution: http://wing.comp.nus.edu.sg/parsCit/parscit-100401.zip
>
> Cheers,
>
> Min